The Chick-fil-A Bowl is one of America’s best bowl games at providing a memorable and exciting bowl experience for the student-athletes, coaches and fans of its participating teams. Did you know…
- The Chick-fil-A Bowl is the ninth-oldest bowl game in the history of college football AND the oldest ACC vs. SEC match-up in the bowl business?
- In 2010, the Chick-fil-A Bowl eclipsed the $100 million mark in cumulative team payout? With a $7.1 million payout in 2012, the Chick-fil-A Bowl reached $117.8 million in cumulative payout over its 45-year history.
- The Chick-fil-A Bowl created and hosted, with partners Chick-fil-A and ESPN, the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game to annually kick off the college football season? Since the inaugural matchup in 2008, teams that have played in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game have been ranked No. 1, No. 5 (twice), No. 7, No. 9, No. 14, No. 16, No. 18, No. 19, No. 24 (twice) and No. 25. Additionally, ESPN’s College GameDay began the season at the Kickoff Game the first three years of its inception and all Chick-fil-A Kickoff Games have earned prime time national broadcasts.
- Each April, the Chick-fil-A Bowl hosts the Chick-fil-A Bowl Challenge charity golf event? This three-day golf and resort experience features NCAA head coaches and celebrity alumni from around the country competing against their rivals for scholarship money. In seven years, the Chick-fil-A Bowl Challenge has given more than $3.8 million in scholarship and charity.
- When Georgia upset No. 14 Virginia Tech in 2006, the Chick-fil-A Bowl set the then-all-time attendance record for a sporting event in the Georgia Dome with 75,406 fans in attendance? That’s a bigger crowd than two Super Bowls and all the SEC Football Championship games at that time.
- The Chick-fil-A Bowl is one of the most competitive bowl games in college football history? Over its 45-year history, the Bowl has recorded 13 games decided by a field goal or less and five one-point games. 56% of games (25 of 45) have been decided by a touchdown or less.
- The 2013 Chick-fil-A Bowl marked the 17th consecutive sellout, and the 20th in 22 years at the Georgia Dome? Over the last 10 years, the Chick-fil-A Bowl ranks second in average attendance among all non-BCS bowl games – 71,824 per game.
- The Chick-fil-A Bowl has disbursed more than $15 million in charitable and scholarship contributions? The Chick-fil-A Bowl again gave an all-time high $1.48 million to organizations in need in 2012 – ranking the Bowl first in giving among all bowl games.
- The Chick-fil-A Bowl has generated more than $432.9 million in economic impact since 1999? In 2012, the Bowl recorded a $28.1 million economic impact for metro Atlanta.